Monday, August 30, 2010

Carmine Red Cloth

I finished (except for hand-sewing the binding) this crazy batiked wholecloth that I waxed and dyed a while back. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, not thrilled, but happy. The flower centers were done in clusters of french knots. The red color isn't what I'm used to working with, maybe that's why I'm not 100% thrilled with it.

And here is what's up on my design wall today. I'm using the Benartex printed sheets for this, and it really goes together easily, I'd highly recommend them to anyone who wants to try one of these quilts!

And, here is another project in the works, using my hand-dyed and printed fabrics:

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooh well, heck I love them all. I love red. Love the flowers. Love paper piecing nice points and the leaf one on the bottom is very cool. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura...absolutely beautiful! All of them...would love to see the Carmine Red Cloth on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post? It didn't show up in my Reader - hmmm...I am really intrigued to see how you will put the Benartex NYB foundations together. I love the bottom quilt, the leaf shape hugging the curve is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete