Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Garden Inspiration Here

Depressing showing you what constitutes what's left of my garden this summer here in Thomasville, NC. We've had practically zero rain for the last 2-3 months, and what has been struggling has given up, and so have I. Even Hurricane Irene only brought us about 5 minutes of rain on Saturday evening.

This was a hosta...

And these were zinnias...

I think these were daisies...

More former daisies...

And here is a sage plant, with the dead remains of tomato plants in the background.

Believe it or not, I used to be a prolific gardener, growing enough food to can and freeze, and enough flowers to regularly fill large vases and generally enjoy. But that was in another climate that had abundant rainfall. Not here in central North Carolina. Yes, I'm depressed. At least I can stay inside and sew and ignore all of the dead flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment