Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quilt Show & Cotton Fields

Took a short drive to Concord, NC this morning to go to the Cabarrus County Quilt Show. The drive was scenic, on a beautiful & warm fall day, lots of fields of cotton getting ready to harvest.

Yes, I took these from my car as there wasn't a good place to stop on the side of the road.

Lots of cotton, on each side of the road. Maybe some of this will end up as fabric at the quilt show next year.

Here's the Cabarrus County Event Center--

Some of the quilts I loved. Karen Stone New York Beauty--every time I see this, I think I should make one, too.

And circles, a theme that I seem to be very attracted to. This was done with gorgeous hand-dyed fabrics and fabulous quilting!

Interesting 3-D veggies on this one:

And 3-D sunflowers, too.

I only bought some Presencia threads and a 2-yard piece of silk dupioni. Good deals on both, it was a good morning. Now to go mow my lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment