Sunday, February 5, 2012

On-line class

I signed up for an on-line precision dyeing class last month. This is our first assignment, dyeing tints of three single colors (gradation). The colors I used were Golden Yellow, Sky Blue, and Fuchsia--6 fat quarters of each.

Candy Glendening is the teacher, at Candied Fabrics. She provides great written instructions, and lots of videos embedded in each lesson. I think it's going to help me a lot, as I've had trouble in the past coming up with a specific color that I needed to dye.

Several of the colors are perfect for a Judy Niemeyer quilt I've been working on. I'm auditioning them now, and hope to cut and sew some centers today!

So far, I think I've sewed around 23 of the larger spiked sections, and need to sew 30 total. Kind of tedious, but sometimes I need to do some mindless sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment