Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Free motion challenge - August

I worked on this last week but only two of the pictures I took turned out.  (Think it might be time for a new camera, I'll have to put it on the list of things to get when I win the lottery).

This design was a little different, and I kept finding myself stitching it large, so I had to scale myself back and make it smaller to fit into areas that I was quilting.  It was a fast design to sew, I probably did this 30 x 30 " square in about 20 minutes.  The thread was Aurifil 50 weight on top and in the bobbin.
The stitching shows up better on the back. 
I understand why people felt this was a harder design to master, as it wasn't as intuitive as some designs are to stitch.  But we're not doing this for perfection, we're doing it for practice and to be more comfortable with free motion in general, which made it a great design for the month.  Thanks, Wendy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I have a new camera, and a long arm on my list if I win the lottery. ;)

    ReplyDelete