Monday, September 23, 2013

A second post in September

I've been a lazy blogger lately, posting only about once a month.  I'm not sure if I really like blogging all that much, but it's more of an on-line diary for my own use so I think I'll continue with it.  My life is so boring that there's not much worth noting most of the time, however, I like to be able to look back and see how long it's been since I've either started something that it STILL a UFO, or how long a completed quilt top has been done and waiting to be quilted!

My granddaughter Madelyn turned two at the beginning of September, and I got to spend a long weekend with her and her wonderful parents in Monroe, New York.  Isn't she a cutie?
On to quilty things--my latest project is called "Fractured" and there is a quilt-along going on that I just haven't gotten it together enough to post pictures on yet.  Vicki Welsh is hosting it, and there are a few brave souls participating.  This is the start of the quilt, lots and lots of cutting...it took me a quite a few evenings to get these cut, a mindless chore good to do after a long day at work.
I've finally sewed some of the pieces together, and am ironing them, then sewing into blocks.  What a mess--my ironing board is actually under there somewhere.
This is the very first row, too tall to put on my design wall so I had to tape it to my front door.  The quilt in the book is king size, I think I'm going to modify it so it's only queen size.
Trying desperately to use up fabric in my stash--this is putting a minor dent in it!  The book is Making Quilts by Kathy Doughty and there are some other quilts I may make after this in the continuing (never-ending?) attempt to de-stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment