Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring may be here--finally.

One reason I like to blog is that it gives me a chance to look at what I've actually gotten accomplished.  Even though some days it seems that all I do is go to work and come home late, I still am able to complete some projects.

One is a baby blanket for a soon-to-be born grandson:
And a baby blanket I made for my sister who needed it for a baby shower.  I haven't bought fabric for a specific project in quite a while--she wanted something with monkeys on it.
Lots of free motion stitching went into this.  I wonder if the recipient will even think about all that work?  I'm sure not.
And even some dyeing, now that it's warming up a bit.  These two pieces were pretty awful looking at this stage--
 But they evolved into these pieces afterwards.
 I just love the look of shibori!
 And more, always more...
I've opened an Etsy shop and am selling some of my fabrics (or trying to--no sales yet!).  Gotta get rid of some of it so I can keep making more.  Hope to get these posted up there today.

Linking up with Nina Marie today--Off The Wall Fridays!

6 comments:

  1. Your shibori fabrics are wonderful. How did you get multiple colors like that? I will check out your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming that you did the pole wrap shibori on a piece of hand-dyed fabric. Stunning results! I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your colors are wonderful!!! The last 3 above are so interesting, cool patterns and gorgeous colors. Keep plugging away at Etsy. I have a shop too and it can be slow go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shibori! The colors are opalescent, which I really love! Best of luck with your new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics. I, too, and curious how you changed the first fabrics to those beautiful shibori pieces. I have done pole wrapped shibori before. Did you over-dye or did you discharge, or did you do something else altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shibori pieces are gorgeous. Good luck with your Etsy shop, from talking to others it sounds like it can take a few months to build up enough of a following to start generating sales, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete